Friday, May 12, 2006

MUSIC: Ramblin' Friday Blues



I've been a sporadic appreciator of blues for the last couple years but lately it's slowly creeping into my everyday rotation. A fantastic blog out there called Squeeze My Lemon often has some dang good stuff. Here are a couple good tracks from way back in the day. Robert Johnson just kills me every time. (He's got an interesting story, check out his wiki page).

::: Robert Johnson - Ramblin' On My Mind
::: Big Bill Broonzy - Good Liquor Gonna Carry Me Down

Fat Possum has done a good job in the recent past of putting out some nice blues albums from previously unrecorded/unheralded artists. Here are a few.....

::: T Model Ford - Backdoor Man
::: RL Burnside - See What My Buddy Done

Recent Fat Possum signees The Black Keys recently released an EP of Junior Kimbrough cover tunes which is absolutely awesome. Sample this one....

::: The Black Keys - Have Mercy On Me

As always, go out and buy these albums if you like them. Also, if anyone knows of some other blues-centric music blogs out there send'em this direction. (Or any recomendations, as I'm currently a sponge when it comes to this stuff)......

[Photo credit goes to Kris Kros]