Tuesday, May 02, 2006

MUSIC: Noun Noun, Awesome



So tonight is the Sunset Rubdown show at Bottom of the Hill. Should be an amazing time. Anyhow, in honor of this, I've decided to post some of the projects of Spencer Krug, Sunset Rubdown frontman. I'm sure there are more side projects from other members of the group (can anyone confirm this?) but the major ones that jump to mind are Wolf Parade and Frog Eyes. (Side Note: What's with the fascination of naming a band with two random nouns? I don't know, but I like it.)

::: Sunset Rubdown - Stadiums and Shrines II
::: Wolf Parade - Claxxon's Lament (Frog Eyes cover)
::: Frog Eyes - Russian Berries But You're Quiet Tonight

And, as a bonus track for the day, here's my favorite cut off of Kings of New England's release (On The Cusp).

::: Kings Of New England - Space Is The New Seattle

Pick up the KONE album from their website, purchase all of the others here or from your local record store. Later on.
[Photo credit goes to Adam Smith]