Monday, May 01, 2006

MUSIC: Monday Morning



It's an awful shame when things are so scattered that I can't drum up an entry on a single particular artist. So, instead, I'm posting my top 5 tracks of the last 48 hours for whatever that's worth.

Not usually a fan of the mash up genre, but it seems like Missy's music lends itself to the practice quite well (see also: Dear Nora and Casiotone's cover of Hot Boyz).
::: Le Tigre / Missy - Decepta Freak On

Sufjan's getting a ton of press right now, but I keep going back to this track (even though I don't exactly know where it came from). It's more electronic, a little dark, and utterly good.
::: Sufjan Stevens - The First Full Moon

One of my super-repeat songs of the last couple months and still going strong. Gotta check out The Good Fear if you've got a chance.
::: The Good Fear - Heroes / Outsiders

In order to fill the "covers quota", here's The Shins doing Postal Service's "We Will Become Silhouettes...... I believe this is in last year's Believer Magazine music issue and part of a Shins single.
::: The Shins - We Will Become Silhouette (Postal Service Cover)

And, last but not least, a little T-Model Ford from the good folks down at Fat Possum. (I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow's release of The Black Keys covering Junior Kimbrough's songs)
::: T Model Ford - Bad Man

You can pick up cd's by all the artists here. (Except for The Good Fear which you can order from their website, linked above)
Keep up the good work everyone.
[Photo credit goes to the extremely talented Misha Dyer]