Thursday, May 18, 2006

MUSIC: Bonnie Prince Billy / Matt Sweeney



One of my all-time favorite albums, done by one of my all-time favorite artists, is Superwolf; this collaboration between Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (aka Will Oldham) and Matt Sweeney is just a huge load of tenacious musical sweetness. I saw them play the album, track by track, two days before the official release date at Amoeba Records in SF. Couple of Tecates, two talented troubadors, and one awesome free concert. Here's my favorite BPB track, a song off of Superwolf, and an absolutely fantastic track from Chavez (Sweeney's previous band).

::: Bonnie Prince Billy - Madeleine Mary
::: Bonnie Prince Billy & Matt Sweeney - Lift Us Up
::: Chavez - Unreal Is Here

I can only hope that we get Superwolf Redux sometime in the future. Sooner, rather than later, Billy. Purchase these albums here. All three are amazing, I promise you that.

[Photo credit goes to sandwich]