Tuesday, June 13, 2006

MUSIC: High Sierra Music Festival / My Morning Jacket



So it's into the time of summer festivals. One I've got on my calender is High Sierra Music Festival in Quincy, California. The line-up is WAY outside my normal listening patterns but it's a good excuse to get away from the Bay for a bit and drink beer outside (as opposed to inside). The personal highlight for me will be My Morning Jacket playing a 2 hour set the day after a late-night gig (which starts at 1:45AM and goes as long as they're standing). It's gonna be amazing. So, in honor of that excitement, I'm gonna post three tracks from MMJ's 2004 Bonnaroo set. They're fantastic live.

::: My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday
::: My Morning Jacket - Golden
::: My Morning Jacket - Mahgeeta

Buy My Morning Jacket albums at Insound here.

[Photo credit goes to Yoshihiro, who has lots of great pictures taken with interesting cameras like the HOLGA by LOMO .]