Friday, December 08, 2006

MUSIC: Fujiya & Miyagi



I'm a little late posting something on Fujiya & Miyagi, but I felt I needed to give the whole album a listen before posting on them. Don't get me wrong, I like the single tracks, but it felt like this was a project that would work better as a whole. Well, I think I was right. This British trio has crafted a beautiful, melodic, and catchy collection of new electro pop. And the good news is you won't have to wait long until the album is released stateside. From their website:

Deaf Dumb & Blind Recordings www.deafdumbandblind.net will release Transparent Things,
featuring bonus track Reeboks in Heaven, in the USA & Canada on 23rd January 2007.
Available online now in the USA from www.beatport.com

For the time being, here's the excellent first track off Transparent Things.

::: Fujiya & Miyagi - Ankle Injuries

[Official F&M website.]
[Fujiya & Miyagi on myspace.]
[Buy music from Insound.]
[Find/Listen/Download music at The Hype Machine.]
[Photo credit goes to Matthew Gordon.]