Monday, November 20, 2006

REVISIT: Matt & Kim (s/t full-length)



Ever since I got my hands on the Matt & Kim EP (blogged about here and here) I've been a fan of this Brooklyn duo. Go ahead and check out videos of their performances over at YouTube for an example of their live work as well, since it's so good. Their debut full-length just came out recently and one of their tracks ended up getting a good nod over at p-fork. Anyhow, I was more than excited to finally sit down and give the album some proper attention over the weekend. The songs which were carried over from the EP were slightly remastered, but no big changes were made (which is a good thing) (but my favorite song, "Silver Tiles", is noticeably absent for one reason or another). It's a great album, easy to listen through from beginning to end, and there's not any "misses" which I love about it. It'll be interesting to see what kind of staying power it has, so get back to me on that in a year or so. Here's some tracks off the album which I'm sure you'll like immensely.

::: Matt & Kim - Yea Yeah
::: Matt & Kim - No More Long Years
::: Matt & Kim - Someday
::: Matt & Kim - Silver Tiles (from EP, not s/t full length)

Buy Matt & Kim's debut self-titled release over at Insound where you can get 10% off by entering the code "pushingfall06" at checkout.

[Official Matt & Kim website.]
[Matt & Kim on myspace.]
[Buy music from Insound.]
[Find/Listen/Download music at The Hype Machine.]
[Photo actually from matt & kim's flickr page; any band that has their own flickr page is a band i like.]