Thursday, March 23, 2006

MUSIC: The Decemberists




Continuing on with the recent trend (nay, obsession) of cover songs in my musical world, I've decided to post one of my favorite tracks from the "To: Elliott, Love: Portland" album. (Side note: Overall, the album is only pretty good, but there is no real re-invention of the tracks and the originals almost always sound better. With that said, it's worth having if you're a fan, so order it from Insound)

So, without further ado, here's The Decemberists (heavily featuring lead singer Colin Meloy, almost to the point that it sounds much like his solo tour EP's) on a classic Elliott track.

::: The Decemberists - Clementine (Elliott Smith cover)

Drop me a comment to let me know what you think. (Also, I'm running out of covers so if you've got any good ones then let me know). Hip hip hooray.