Wednesday, March 08, 2006

MUSIC: Will Oldham (Tributes)



Now I know what you might be saying.... "Haven't you already posted some Oldham?"
Well, yes, I have. And I'm afraid to say that this probably won't be the last of it. I rank the good Bonnie near the top of my personal favorites list, but that's a whole different subject.

Tract Records recently released a pared down version of their A Tribute To Will Oldham album, and it's fantastic. Typically, tribute albums suck, but I earnestly enjoy the hell out of this one. Included below are a few tracks from that, plus the original recordings. For comparison's sake, you know.

::: Will Oldham - We All, Us Three, Will Ride
::: Iron And Wine - We All, Us Three, Will Ride

::: Will Oldham - I Send My Love To You
::: Calexico - I Send My Love To You

::: Will Oldham - May It Always Be
::: Pink Nasty - May It Always Be

Although it's kind of unrealistic to urge you to go out and by Oldham's whole back catalog, it's not out of the question to point you towards the tribute album which can be bought here directly from Tract Records, a wonderful independent label.