Tuesday, April 22, 2008

MUSIC: Delta Spirit



I got a tip from a trusted fan a while back about Delta Spirit he (and I quote) "saw the best live show in a long, long time" out in Boston. With that kind of recommendation, I couldn't pass up on checking into this Southern California (right?) band. After receiving their new album (Ode to Sunshine) in the mail, my initial response was incredibly positive: soaring tempos, achingly good vocals, and more-than-apt songwriting. Further research shows that I'm certainly not the only one enjoying their sounds (see here, here, and here).

They don't have any Bay Area dates lined up, but there's certainly a high probability they'll be in your area soon. Check out tour dates on their myspace page. Here's some tracks that are floating around the internet.

::: Delta Spirit - People, Turn Around (f/ Ode to Sunshine)
::: Delta Spirit - Trashcan (f/ Ode to Sunshine)
::: Delta Spirit - Gimme Some Motivation (f/ I Think I've Found It! EP)
::: Delta Spirit - Streetwalker (f/ I Think I've Found It! EP)

You should definitely order the album. However, I can't recommend ordering the vinyl version of the EP from Monarchy Music; I did that three weeks ago and it hasn't arrived yet.

Also, their new Daytrotter session is excellent. So, head on over there to read the article and download some free tracks. (The older session isn't half bad either!)

[Official Delta Spirit website.]
[Download Music from eMusic; 25 song free trial.]
[Buy music from Insound.]
[Find/Listen/Download music at The Hype Machine.]
[Photo credit goes to Sam Newmann.]

Labels: , , , ,