Tuesday, March 06, 2007

CONTEST: Dean & Britta (Free CD!)


UPDATE: This contest has ended, congratulations to Patrick of Brooklyn and Tom of Washington!!! You can always find a direct link to the latest contest using the "current contest" link found in the sidebar.

If someone was to ask me what the five most influential bands were in my life, Luna would fall in there somewhere. They've been around me for long enough now that I (happily) associate certain feelings with certain songs. With this said, I'm extra excited about the new Dean & Britta album titled Back Numbers. The former Luna members (and present married couple) worked together to create a beautiful, sweeping, and expectations-meeting album.

One of my favorite tracks on the album is Lee Hazlewood cover "You Turned My Head Around", of which Dean Wareham had this to say: "I found this obscure 7” single in Boston years ago – it’s on Lee Hazlewood’s LHI label. Originally sung by Ann Margret, written and produced by Hazlewood. The song may be about a ménage a trois- we were three shadows in the night / doing what we thought would be right."

::: Dean and Britta - You Turned My Head Around

I'm also lucky enough to have a couple of copies of the Back Numbers CD to give away for free. If you're interested in receiving one, email macktronic @ gmail (dot) com with the subject line "DEAN AND BRITTA CONTEST" with your mailing address included in the body of the email. I promise you won't be disappointed by this amazing collection of songs by some extremely talented musicians.

[Dean and Britta on myspace.]
[Official Dean and Britta webpage.]
[Gold Robot Records on myspace.]
[Buy music from Insound.]
[Find/Listen/Download music at The Hype Machine.]

Labels: , , , ,