Thursday, March 01, 2007

MUSIC: Port O'Brien



Continuing along the Bay Area independent music track we've been on of late, we come to Port O'Brien. I couldn't decide which song to post, since they're both equally impressive, so I went with both. This Oakland band crafts some intense tracks around their unique indie folk stomper sound. On top of the catchy sounds, I'm immediately drawn to the vocals as well; the way they fit with the music is spot on. It's safe to say, I'm excited about this here band.

::: Port O'Brien - I Woke Up Today
::: Port O'Brien - Tree Bones

You can buy both of their albums, full-length and new EP, over at their myspace page for only 12 bucks.....

[Port O'Brien on myspace.]
[Gold Robot Records on myspace.]
[Buy music from Insound.]
[Find/Listen/Download music at The Hype Machine.]
[Photo credit goes to fliegender.]

Labels: , , , , ,