Tuesday, September 12, 2006

MUSIC: Tuesday Six Pack



I don't have a specific theme for today, or even a particular artist to pass your direction. All I've got are some tracks that are doing me good, so perhaps they might treat you the same. A couple of new ones, a couple of old ones, a couple of pertinent ones; but not enough for a mixtape or anything. Call me indecisive.

The Black Keys release their new album today, titled Magic Potion. Saw the boys live at the Fillmore on Saturday night, impressive as always. I always latch onto their songs real quick-like which is incredibly comforting. (Perhaps a fell record review coming later)
::: The Black Keys - Your Touch

Impressive album review out today on Pitchfork Tap Tap, and it sounds well-deserved. From all the tracks I've been listening to over the last couple weeks, this is my favorite. So much so, that it made me order the album today. You do the same.
::: Tap Tap - 100,000 Thoughts

Forget Cassettes are picking up some steam. I posted on 'em a while back, and their record is still in contant rotation. Love this song to death. (Buy the album, you won't be disappointed.)
::: Forget Cassettes - Quiero, Quieres

Damn, I am looking forward to the new Hold Steady album. You can pre-order it here for only 12 bones.
::: The Hold Steady - Chips Ahoy!

Slow buzz a-bulding for Baltimore's Beach House. No ordering info as of yet, but the full length coming out on Carpark Records on October 3.
::: Beach House - Apple Orchard

New song off their up-coming full-length by new powerhouse duo Matt & Kim. You can get more of their awesomeness from my previous post.
::: Matt & Kim - Someday

So that's that, my friends.

[Photo credit goes to grandylion; what an f'ing wonderful pair of shots.]