Monday, September 11, 2006

MUSIC: My Morning Jacket (Complete live High Sierra set & Okonokos Release Info)



So the announced release of the My Morning Jacket's double live album titled Okonokos is enough motivation to make me finally post the whole MMJ set from High Sierra on July 1. Truly an epic performance (as I've said previously). You've got to check out Jim James talking about the balloon at the beginning (and end) of "At Dawn".

::: My Morning Jacket - Wordless Chorus (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - It Beats 4 U (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Gideon (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - What A Wonderful Man (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - I Will Sing You Songs (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - The Way That He Sings (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Masterplan (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Golden (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Hopefully (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Just One Thing (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Xmas Curtain (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Off The Record (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Lay Low (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Dondante (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Dancefloors (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Run Thru (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - At Dawn (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Anytime (@ High Sierra 2006)
::: My Morning Jacket - Mahgeeta (@ High Sierra 2006)

Speaking of live MMJ, Okonokos will be available on September 26. You can pre-order the album and get a free digital download of the "Strangulation" double album. Apparently, it's the re-mastered recording of a show they did at The Fillmore here in SF, of which I was one of the attendants. After the CD release, a DVD also called Okonokos will be a released a week later. If you pre-order the CD you can get a discount code for the DVD as well. The DVD is directed by Sam Erickson, done in Dolby 5.1, and apparently not just a straight-forward recording of a concert. Pseudo-storylines? I'm not sure. It's sure to be an experience.

[I couldn't find any information on who exactly did thid recording (found through archive.org in FLAC format) so if anyone knows then send it this direction so I can give credit where credit is due.]