Monday, July 09, 2007

MUSIC: Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band



Took the annual weekend trip to the High Sierra Music Festival over the weekend and came away with some good new music. I'd heard of Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band before (from Dodge over at MOKB), but hadn't ever seen them live. They're just an excellent, excellent live act..... so much so that I was a little disappointed upon buying the album. Don't get me wrong, it's a damn find album, but I just loved the live show. That Rev is a showman. Anyhow, these kids specialize in some fairly jagged, certainly beautiful delta blues. Here's the leading track off their latest release.

::: Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band - My Old Man Boogie

[RPBDB official website.]
[RPBDB on myspace.]
[Current Macktronic contest.]
[Buy music from Insound.]
[Find/Listen/Download music at The Hype Machine.]
[Photo credit goes to mattchandl3r.]
[Traskblueribbon has some nice shots too.]

Labels: , , , ,